Vasant M. Prabhu, '83
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Visa USA, Inc.
Vasant M. Prabhu, Chief Financial Officer for NBCUniversal, oversees the company’s financial planning and operations and plays a key role in NBCUniversal’s strategic business initiatives. Additionally, Prabhu manages the Operations and Technical Services division, which includes NBCUniversal’s technical operations, physical plant, corporate services and information technology functions. He is a member of the Executive Committee and reports to Steve Burke, Chief Executive Officer, NBCUniversal.
Prior to joining NBCUniversal in 2014, Prabhu served as the Chief Financial Officer for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. since 2004. In 2010, Prabhu also was named Vice Chairman in recognition of his extraordinary contributions to the company. At Starwood, Prabhu was responsible for all financial functions, information technology and a range of central corporate services.
Previously, Prabhu served as Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and President, E-Commerce for Safeway, Inc., the $35 billion supermarket retailer. Prabhu gained experience in the media sector as President of the Information and Media Group, The McGraw-Hill Companies, where he led a $1 billion division comprising Business Week, Broadcast television stations and Business Information Services. From 1992-1998, Prabhu held senior positions at PepsiCo, including Senior Vice President of Finance & Chief Financial Officer, PepsiCola International. Prabhu started his career at Booz, Allen & Hamilton, the management consulting firm, where he rose to become a Partner serving Media and Consumer companies. Prabhu is a member of the Board of Directors of Mattel, Inc.
Prabhu received his M.B.A. from the University of Chicago and a B.S. in Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology.
Day 1: Monday Evening (March 12, 2018)
- 5:30 pm · Registration and Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests Seated for Dinner
- 7:20 pm · Remarks
- 8:00 pm · Q&A
- 8:15 pm · Closing Remarks
- 8:20pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Tuesday (March 13, 2018)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:20 am · Session 1: A Discussion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- 9:35 am · Break
- 9:50 am · Session 2: Text-Based Insights into Stock Market Behavior
- 11:05 am · Group Photo
- 11:20 am · Lunch and Session 3
- 12:20 pm · Remarks
- 1:20 pm · Break
- 1:35 pm · Session 4: The Evolving World of Amazon
- 2:50 pm · Break
- 3:05 pm · Session 5: Technology Management - How the CEO, CFO, and Boards Collaborate on Technology Decisions
- 4:20 pm · Closing Remarks