Ray G. Young, '86
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Archer Daniels Midland Company
Ray G. Young is executive vice president and chief financial officer of Archer Daniels Midland Company, and a member of the company’s Executive Council. In his role, he oversees the company’s accounting, controlling, treasury, tax, financial planning, investor relations, information technology and business transformation activities as well as the ADM Investor Services organization. Young is also responsible for strategic oversight of ADM’s business in Asia.
Young joined ADM in 2010 following a 24-year tenure with General Motors Co., during which he held executive leadership positions in finance, general management, planning and operations on four continents. Young served in Shanghai as vice president of GM International Operations. Earlier, he was the CFO of General Motors in 2008 and 2009. Between 2004 and 2007, Young was the president and managing director of GM do Brasil and Mercosur Operations, based in São Paulo.
Young graduated in 1984 from The Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, in London, Canada, with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. He holds an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Young serves on the boards of directors of International Paper Company and the U.S.-China Business Council. He is a member of the board of directors of the American Cancer Society Lakeshore Division and the CFO Advisory Board of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
Day 1: Monday Evening (March 12, 2018)
- 5:30 pm · Registration and Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests Seated for Dinner
- 7:20 pm · Remarks
- 8:00 pm · Q&A
- 8:15 pm · Closing Remarks
- 8:20pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Tuesday (March 13, 2018)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:20 am · Session 1: A Discussion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- 9:35 am · Break
- 9:50 am · Session 2: Text-Based Insights into Stock Market Behavior
- 11:05 am · Group Photo
- 11:20 am · Lunch and Session 3
- 12:20 pm · Remarks
- 1:20 pm · Break
- 1:35 pm · Session 4: The Evolving World of Amazon
- 2:50 pm · Break
- 3:05 pm · Session 5: Technology Management - How the CEO, CFO, and Boards Collaborate on Technology Decisions
- 4:20 pm · Closing Remarks