Michael C. Smiley, '89
Twin Disc, Inc.
Michael C. Smiley joined Zebra in May 2008 as chief financial officer from Tellabs, Inc., a global provider of telecommunications networking products. At Tellabs, he led all accounting and finance functions outside of the U.S. and most recently served as general manager for the Tellabs Denmark A/S unit, which has sales in excess of $100 million to customers around the world.
During his six years at Tellabs, Mr. Smiley held various financial and operations executive positions including interim chief financial officer, vice president international finance, and treasurer.
Prior to Tellabs, Mr. Smiley was located in Taipei, Taiwan, as vice president, finance, for the Asia Pacific region of General Semiconductor, with the corporation's key manufacturing and revenue-generating operations in the region. Earlier in his career, he held positions of increasing responsibility at General Instrument, GATX Corp. and Itel Corporation/Anixter Brothers. He began his professional career as an auditor with Coopers & Lybrand. Mr. Smiley holds a bachelor's degree in accounting from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the University of Chicago.
Day 1: Wednesday Evening (March 8, 2017)
- 5:30 pm · Registration & Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests are seated for dinner
- 7:10 pm · Keynote Address: Undersociality
- 8:30 pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Thursday (March 9, 2017)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:30 am · Sessions 1: Technology and Digitization: Making Marketing More Accountable
- 9:45 am · Break
- 10:00 am · Session 2: Booth-led Survey Research
- 11:15 am · Group Photo
- 11:30 am · Lunch and Session 3: Millennial Point of View
- 1:00 pm · CFO Index Presentation
- 1:15 pm · Break
- 1:30 pm · Session 4: Board Interactions: Governance, Committees and Communication
- 2:45 pm · Break
- 3:00 pm · Session 5: The Outlook for Tax Reform
- 4:15 pm · Closing Remarks