Karen O. Gould, '90
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Turner Construction Company
Karen Gould is the executive vice president and CFO of Turner Construction Company. As the leader of Turner’s finance and information services organizations; Gould is responsible for building upon the teams’ strengths and keeping them consistent with the company’s focus and commitment towards people and customer service. In addition, Gould is responsible for maintaining the company’s strong balance sheet and providing strategic evaluations of growth opportunities and creating value for stakeholders.
Gould began her career in finance with PPG Industries. After graduating from the business school, she joined Kidder, Peabody as an associate in investment banking working on corporate finance matters and mergers and acquisitions for domestic and overseas clients.
In 1994, she joined Ameritech as director, corporate finance and treasury. She was then promoted to CFO, corporate information systems and again to CFO, custom business services, a $2 billion division serving Ameritech’s largest customers. Gould joined AT&T consumer services in 2002 as vice president and CFO of the consumer long distance business. In 2006, she joined Bell Canada in Toronto as senior vice president and CFO, residential services. In 2008, she formed a management consulting firm in New Jersey.
Gould is originally from Munster, Indiana and holds a finance degree from Indiana University and an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. She currently resides in New Jersey with her husband and three sons. She is actively involved with Habitat for Humanity, the Anti-Defamation League and Junior Achievement. In her spare time, she enjoys training and racing in triathlons.
Day 1: Wednesday Evening (March 8, 2017)
- 5:30 pm · Registration & Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests are seated for dinner
- 7:10 pm · Keynote Address: Undersociality
- 8:30 pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Thursday (March 9, 2017)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:30 am · Sessions 1: Technology and Digitization: Making Marketing More Accountable
- 9:45 am · Break
- 10:00 am · Session 2: Booth-led Survey Research
- 11:15 am · Group Photo
- 11:30 am · Lunch and Session 3: Millennial Point of View
- 1:00 pm · CFO Index Presentation
- 1:15 pm · Break
- 1:30 pm · Session 4: Board Interactions: Governance, Committees and Communication
- 2:45 pm · Break
- 3:00 pm · Session 5: The Outlook for Tax Reform
- 4:15 pm · Closing Remarks