David W. Meline, '86
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
David W. Meline became Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer effective July 21, 2014. He is responsible for Amgen's finance and investor relations operations. Prior to Amgen, David served as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of 3M.
David had been at General Motors for 20 years, serving in various capacities; including vice president and chief financial officer for GM North America. He has held senior-level positions with GM Europe in Switzerland, GM Daewoo in South Korea, GM Brasil, GM Kenya and at GM's New York office in the company's treasurer's office. David began his career at AT&T Corporation as a product design engineer.
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Iowa State University; a Master of Science degree in Economics from the London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom; and an M.B.A in Finance from the University of Chicago.
David serves on the board of TRW Automotive Corp. Additionally; he is a board member of; Minnesota Opera, United Way Greater Twin Cities, and University of Chicago Booth CFO Advisory Forum.
Day 1: Monday Evening (March 12, 2018)
- 5:30 pm · Registration & Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests Seated for Dinner
- 7:20 pm · Remarks
- 8:00 pm · Q&A
- 8:15 pm · Closing Remarks
- 8:30pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Tuesday (March 13, 2018)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:20 am · Session 1: Topic To Be Announced
- 9:35 am · Break
- 9:50 am · Session 2: Topic To Be Announced
- 11:05 am · Group Photo
- 11:20 am · Lunch and Session 3
- 12:20 pm · The Future of Business Education
- 1:20 pm · Break
- 1:35 pm · Session 4: Topic To Be Announced
- 2:50 pm · Break
- 3:05 pm · Session 5: Technology Management - How the CEO, CFO, and Boards Collaborate on Technology Decisions
- 4:20 pm · Closing Remarks