Brian X. Tierney, '95
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
American Electric Power Company, Inc.
Brian X. Tierney is executive vice president and chief financial officer for American Electric Power, responsible for corporate accounting, finance, fleet services, investor relations, planning and strategy, procurement/supply chain, and risk management.
Previously, he was executive vice president - AEP Utilities East, responsible for the distribution, customer service and financial performance of AEP’s utility operating companies in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
Prior to assuming that position in January 2008, Tierney was the senior vice president of Commercial Operations, where he was responsible for AEP’s energy trading and marketing activities, as well as market operations and dispatch of the company’s generation fleet.
Tierney joined AEP in 1998 and held a number of management positions responsible for pricing energy transactions, market operations and trading and marketing. From 2001-2002, he served on the Board of Directors of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas.
Tierney has a bachelor of arts degree in history from Boston College and an MBA from the University of Chicago with concentrations in finance and accounting.
Day 1: Monday Evening (March 12, 2018)
- 5:30 pm · Registration and Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests Seated for Dinner
- 7:20 pm · Remarks
- 8:00 pm · Q&A
- 8:15 pm · Closing Remarks
- 8:20pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Tuesday (March 13, 2018)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:20 am · Session 1: A Discussion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- 9:35 am · Break
- 9:50 am · Session 2: Text-Based Insights into Stock Market Behavior
- 11:05 am · Group Photo
- 11:20 am · Lunch and Session 3
- 12:20 pm · Remarks
- 1:20 pm · Break
- 1:35 pm · Session 4: The Evolving World of Amazon
- 2:50 pm · Break
- 3:05 pm · Session 5: Technology Management - How the CEO, CFO, and Boards Collaborate on Technology Decisions
- 4:20 pm · Closing Remarks