Brian X. Tierney, '95
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
American Electric Power Company, Inc.
Brian X. Tierney is executive vice president and chief financial officer for American Electric Power, responsible for corporate accounting, finance, fleet services, investor relations, planning and strategy, procurement/supply chain, and risk management.
Previously, he was executive vice president - AEP Utilities East, responsible for the distribution, customer service and financial performance of AEP’s utility operating companies in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
Prior to assuming that position in January 2008, Tierney was the senior vice president of Commercial Operations, where he was responsible for AEP’s energy trading and marketing activities, as well as market operations and dispatch of the company’s generation fleet.
Tierney joined AEP in 1998 and held a number of management positions responsible for pricing energy transactions, market operations and trading and marketing. From 2001-2002, he served on the Board of Directors of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas.
Tierney has a bachelor of arts degree in history from Boston College and an MBA from the University of Chicago with concentrations in finance and accounting.
Day 1: Wednesday Evening (March 8, 2017)
- 5:30 pm · Registration & Welcome Reception
- 6:30 pm · Guests are seated for dinner
- 7:10 pm · Keynote Address: Undersociality
- 8:30 pm · Cocktails and Conversation
Day 2: Thursday (March 9, 2017)
- 7:30 am · Breakfast and CFO Networking
- 8:15 am · Opening Remarks
- 8:30 am · Sessions 1: Technology and Digitization: Making Marketing More Accountable
- 9:45 am · Break
- 10:00 am · Session 2: Booth-led Survey Research
- 11:15 am · Group Photo
- 11:30 am · Lunch and Session 3: Millennial Point of View
- 1:00 pm · CFO Index Presentation
- 1:15 pm · Break
- 1:30 pm · Session 4: Board Interactions: Governance, Committees and Communication
- 2:45 pm · Break
- 3:00 pm · Session 5: The Outlook for Tax Reform
- 4:15 pm · Closing Remarks